Saturday, August 09, 2014

Puppy!

Since monday we have a new companion, our Ruby (officially Only You of Wundering Heights), born on June 16th. A very cute yellow labrador puppy, but oh boy, did I miss a lot of sleep this week.....
The good thing is that with staying up that late at night watching over her, I managed to do a lot of stitching to my Peacock Crazy Quilt. I am making the blocks for the CQJP2014. If you click on the link, you can see pictures of all participants.
I finished two blocks this week.


The peacock in the middle is an antique embroidered applique. This is also the middle block of the quilt, which will be the focus point.
The four corners will all have fan blocks, this is the first one I have finished.
The quilt is becoming very bold and colorful, unluckely the pictures don't do it justice.
I would love to finish the top of this quilt to show on the Crazy Quilt Retreat of CQI in Kansas City, that I will be attending in September.

3 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Beautiful stitching. Bet you daughter is in love with that dog!

Lorraine said...

Ruby is adorable - what a face! Great photo of you girlfriend. Your peacock blocks are looking fabulous... Hugs to all

Gerry said...

Oh my goodness, what a little darling! Congrats on your new furbaby.

Lovely work on the blocks, too.

Look forward to seeing you next month :-)